Whilst many of us are still being jolly and in full festive swing, others are feeling the sense of bliss that this Christmas “madness” is coming to an end, and we can return to normality. Well, kind of…
We’re now somehow getting caught in this limbo week between celebrations; the week between Christmas and New Year (for the Western world I admit).
To prevent the “I don’t quite know what to do with myself right now”-blues, we came up with this delightful small Bliss Bites, in shape and appearance of tiny snow balls. They’re easy to prepare but you’ll get your hands and fingers sticky – that much of a warning upfront!
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp soakes chia seeds
- 1/2 cup nuts (almonds, hazelnut, walnut, brazil nut – any you like)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
For decorating: some desiccated coconut on a plate to roll the Bliss Balls in
- Place the dates and the liquid ingredients together into food processor, and blitz until you get a smooth paste.
- Then, add the other indredients and pulse to mix all evenly.
- Set aside in the fridge for the mix to cool down for at least 1 hour.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out an amount to form a walnut sized ball, rolling the mass between your hands – this is the sticky finger bit 😉
- Roll the ball in the desiccated coconut until evenly covered.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 until all mass is used up. Place all Bliss Balls onto a dish and set aside in the fridge again to cool down.
Do you like our plant-based inspirations? From Festive Feast to small snacks? Be the first to know when we upload a new recipe to our website! Please leave us your details below and you’ll receive an email each time we post new delicious plant-based dishes 🙂
Do you need any of our recipes translated into German, Spanish, or Portuguese? Please let us know in the comments below.